Monday, September 26, 2016

Week #85 - Blessings of Baptism

Hey Fam!

Lilie's Baptism
 Alright Lilie's baptism was on Saturday - literally the highlight of the transfer. It was so awesome. We did it in Treasure Beach at a place called Old Wharf. It was SUPER pretty. The sun was shining, the water was sooooooo nice. I felt the spirit super strong throughout the entire thing. Lilie is amazing. She is going to be a great addition to the branch. 

After the baptism, everyone there was going around sharing their testimonies. When Sister Gayle spoke up, she revealed to us that she had been silently praying that her family would join the church for the past ten years, and that prayer is beginning to be answered. She broke down crying because she was so overcome with a whole mixture of feelings. She thanked us for helping her own mother to be baptized and prayed that this would be the spark necessary for her children to soften their hearts. Ah man, it was such a great day.

I have seen a ton of growth in the Junction branch in the last 6 months. This has probably been one the most family-centered, humble, loving group of people I have seen on my mission and I feel privileged every day to have the opportunity to serve them in such a capacity. I will ever be thankful for the things that I have learned and experienced in Junction.

I'll let that be it for this week.

Love you guys!

Elder Graham

She stopped me before we started walking back and said a quick prayer,
thanking Heavenly Father for preparing the way for her to finally be baptized.

No comments:

Post a Comment